Una vita in Africa – A life in Africa Rotating Header Image

Una Brutta Storia – An Ugly Story

The time has come to inform all my friends on what has been taking place in Nairobi since last October. I try to be objective and as matter of fact as possible, though the events that I report here below have affected me and my work in a dramatic way.
At the beginning of October 2008 I received an anonymous email, with vague threats, and with a picture purportedly depicting me naked with a young adult – impossible to say if a man or a woman. The picture was clearly doctored using photo editing software. I did not accord it much importance. In the following weeks, as I was traveling in Kenya and then in Sudan, I received four more email, with another picture. The last was in the middle of November. Then I went to Italia with the Koinonia Children Team.
I came back from Italy a week before Christmas, started organizing for a long leave which I had intended to do at least since 2005, and went to Zambia January 2-6. On January 10 early morning left in a car with three others confreres to Musoma, in Tanzania, where there is a Kiswahili school where I intended to study the language and relax up to May 10. This break had been a dream for a long time. I had the last three months holidays in my home country that for us are mandatory every three years in 1998. Though I traveled frequently to Italy it was for conferences and meetings, often with more work and stress than in Nairobi.
Soon after I reached Musoma I started receiving disturbing news from Nairobi. In Koinonia social projects people were fired and hired by the Country Director (who was also a trustee) without even informing the Executive Committee and me, contrary to established praxis. I started realizing something was seriously wrong. Then some two of the four trustees of Koinonia came to se me in Musoma and informed me that there was a very widespread campaign against me, accusing me of being a practicing homosexual, and would be dangerous for me to go back to Nairobi. I could not believe, though I said I would consider their advise, but precisely because I wanted to confront these allegations I decided to go back during the school break, March 6 – 14. As I stated my determination to go back to Nairobi, more messages from the trustees stressed the danger, saying that the Kenya police had began an investigation on me. All the same, I came back to Nairobi, and the morning of March 7 I was informed by one of the said trustees that was impossible for me to stay in here, since the Police was actively looking for me and soon a warrant of arrest would be put out for me. My doubts increased, but I followed the advice and on May 8 I traveled back to Musoma. A few days after some Policemen, genuine or not I still do not know, went to see my Father Provincial, showing him on the screen of a mobile phone the same fake pictures.
The same day the two same trustees came to Musoma and told me I was in danger, very soon I would have been unable to enter into Kenya and probably my name would be give to the police forces of Uganda and Tanzania to apprehend me. I had no choice, they insisted, but to leave immediately for Europe. I was not convinced, but I did as they advised, because in spite of all the doubts I still had some trust in them. Mid March I was in Italy, and from there I went for almost a month to Zambia. Then I wrote again to Nairobi that I was about to come back. And, again, another picture from an anonymous address was sent out on internet to several donors of Koinonia community… and this time the accusation was of pedophilia.
The pattern had become very clear: every time I expressed my determination to come back to Nairobi, those playing this game were raising the stakes, in the hope that I would be afraid to come back., and they could take over “legally”, without the knowledge of Koinonia Executive Council, all the properties of Koinonia.
Then Gian Marco Elia, President of Amani, our Italian sister organization, came to Nairobi in May and things precipitated. The trustees at the beginning pretended to cooperate with the efforts of Koinonia Executive Council to protect the legal status and the constitution of the community, but in small groups meeting they were telling member that father Kizito will never come back and that they were now in charge. They started making arrangements to rent out Shalom House without the knowledge of the Executive Council, which is completely wrong because the trustees are not the owner of the corporate body, they are simply the custodians, in charge making sure that the constitutions are respected.
The Executive Council voted to remove them from trustship and put other people in their place, just on time to avoid their complete take over. All the same they arrogantly insisted that they were still in charge and at the beginning of June they gave verbal instructions to the persons responsible for our homes of children to send away the children because Amani and La Goccia had not sent enough funds. Where? To their families or to the streets. Actually, there was no lack of funds, but they could not care less for the children, they wanted the cash and the properties.
When I received the news of the dismissal of the children I decided to come back, otherwise the future of the 250 children kept in our homes, of the 100 students of our secondary school and of the other hundreds we support in different way to grow and face the difficulties of life, would be in jeopardy. Gian Marco and Father Venanzio Milani, eminent Comboni Missionary and old friend, insisted in traveling back with me, for my protection. At this stage it was clear we were up against some very dangerous people.
On coming to Nairobi I discovered there was no warrant of arrest against me, I had a meeting with Koinonia Executive Council and members, and then I went straight to the Police to deposit a statement about my version of the facts.
The same evening a local TV station, with a very unprofessional reportage, went on air accusing me of having sodomised children for the last 20 years. Not surprisingly I started receiving reports that people were bribed, threatened or tortured in order to convince them to testify falsely against me.
I held a press conference categorically denying the allegations. Yet, for ten days it was an onslaught. Almost every evening there was a new story in the news. The two former trustees, in order to keep up their accusations, had no other chance but appear in TV and accuse me directly. The game was now open. I was the center of despise and ridicule. The worst time of my life. My faith, the personal awareness of not having never committed a crime of any kind against the children, and the support I received from friends here and from Italy, especially Amani and Tavola della Pace, and many many others who had known me and visited our homes in Nairobi kept me sane and going.
The real purpose of the whole saga, I believe, was to take over the properties that Koinonia has built over the years with the help of Amani and many other international donors. And they knew that maybe they could dupe the Koinonia Executive Council, but only if I was out of the way. I had never considered the monetary value of the facilities we have built for the direct and indirect benefit of the destitute children under our care, but at first sight we can estimate a commercial value of about three to four million euros.
On top of everything, you can imagine the pain and anguish of being accused of such acts, and by people who I knew almost 20 years ago, when they left the minor seminary, and I had helped them to go to the University and build up their professional lives. They enjoyed my complete confidence, one of them was a sole signatory in most of our accounts. Unfortunately I was not successful in building up their moral character and in controlling their greed, and from the recent world report they had understood that allegations of sexual offences are enough to instill fear and to destroy a priest working with young people.
Yet little by little the truth is coming out. The Children Department and the local Police have confirmed that in all these years there was never a complaint against me. Counselors sent by the children department to visit our homes have not found a single case. And every day we uncover evidence of fraudulent behavior by the two trustees.
With the Executive Committee I am now busy assessing the damage and rebuilding the operations that had come almost to a halt. Some of our personnel have been demoralized and utterly confused by the activities and conduct of the two trustees.
The struggle is not finished. We wait to see what other evil schemes these people have in store. But now I am ready to take the needed actions.
I thank all the people who have supported me, my confreres who have been close in many ways, local priests, lay people, Italians and Kenyans. We need more than ever before their moral and material support. I have felt as never before the power of your prayers. Continue to pray for and support Koinonia, our children must not suffer as a consequence of this bad story.
I will mention this story in the blog only when there will be new substantial development, for instance if I am arrested or if we decide to take the local TV station and the former trustees to court for defamation and embezzlement. For the rest I will continue to write this blog as usual, at uneven intervals.

48 Comments

1. roberto pelitti says:

Se gli uomini non commettessero talvolta delle sciocchezze, non accadrebbe assolutamente nulla di intelligente. (Ludwig Wittgenstein)

un abbraccio fraterno

2. eleonora arosio says:

Ho letto il tuo racconto obiettivo dei fatti e sento in queste parole tanta forza e mi commuove. Il sostegno è il minimo che possiamo e che posso dare a te e a tutti i bamabini. Siete nei nostri pensieri ogni giorno. Uso il plurale perchè è un pensiero che condivido con molti amici di amani. a presto eleonora

3. cristina caroi says:

conoscendo direttamente i “mandanti” di questa.. brutta storia, la delusione e la rabbia sono tali da lasciarmi davvero senza fiato, senza parole. forza kizito, forza!

4. marisa fedele says:

“semplici come le colombe ma astuti come i serpenti”: semplicità e astuzia ti guidino nei passi futuri perchè il male non prevalga su di te e sui bambini che ami. ti ricordo con affetto. un abbraccio

5. Giovanni Battista Argenziano says:

La forza e la perseveranza Ti faranno vincere, insieme a tutti noi, anche questa battaglia figlia di un mondo che punta a far sì che solo il “denaro” motivi e muova le genti.
    Sono certo che riusciremo a “resistere” in Africa come in Italia.
    Con enorme affetto.

6. laura massironi says:

grazie per essere tornato a scrivere, per la tua usuale trasparenza di cui non ho mai dubitato un solo secondo.
    anche da qui siamo pronti a ripartire
    un abbraccio
    laura

7. annamaria antonino says:

Grazie per la tua testimonianza: ci aiuti così a condividere il tuo dolore e la tua fede e a sentirti nostro fratello e maestro. Un forte abbraccio.

8. Toni Portioli says:

anche Gesù ha avuto un giuda fra i dodici apostoli, non c’è da sorprendersi perciò, anche se amareggia scoprirlo, che ce ne siano anche più d’uno fra i circa trenta membri di Koinonia. Noi, i non giuda, siamo tutti vicini a te, preghiamo per te e per tutti i bambini assistiti da Koinonia e Amani e siamo sicuri che insieme supereremo la prova.

9. Vincenzo says:

Carissimo Kizito,
    aspettavo da tempo un tuo intervento sul blog su questo grave problema e sono molto contento nel vedere che ne puoi parlare, con dolore ma anche con serenità: mi conforta nel pensare che stai già un po’ meglio.
    Scrivevi di sentire la forza delle preghiere dei tuoi tanti amici che salgono a Dio per chiedere forza per te e perdono, anche se è difficile per la dura delusione, per quelle persone che affidiamo alla Sua pietà.
    L’amore dei tuoi tanti “figli” e del nostro unico Padre ti salverà da questi terribili momenti.
    Un fortissimo abbraccio,
    Vincenzo.

10. eleonora says:

Ho letto il tuo racconto estremamente obiettivo e dalle tue parole si percepisce la forza che stai dimostrando di avere e questo è semplicemente commovente. Voglio dirti che ti siamo e ti sono vicina e che pensiamo a te e a tutti i bambini ogni giorno, uso il plurale perchè mi sento di esprimere un’opinione condivisa. a presto eleonora

11. Dear Fr Kizito
    As you know, my thoughts and prayers are with you. M.A.L.I. supports your work because we see the wonderful results you have achieved. We will continue with that support. God go with you, and we hope to welcome you back to Scotland and into our homes when justice has been done.
    Marian

12. elisa tinti says:

forza kizito!sei nelle nostre preghiere e piu’ che mai lo sono tutti i bambini. forza non solo nelle tue forze ma in quelle di un Padre che ti ha insegnato a voler bene e ad aver fiducia in Lui e a confidare nella Sua Provvidenza.
    Ti vogliamo bene. Un grosso abbraccio.elisa, angelo e la piccola maria.

13. don Tommaso says:

Carissimo Renato, da quando mi avevi chiesto di esserti vicino nella preghiera non ho mai smesso di portarti davanti al Signore; ora ancora di più. Non ho mai dubitato della tua limpidezza, sono desolato pensando ai traditori della tua fiducia. Sto invocando Maria santissima, Santa Bakhita, e la cara Jane che dal cielo guardino perché vinca la verità, a favore dei bambini e delle bambine, a favore della miglior parte di Koinonia, perché le iniziative che hai intrapreso a loro esclusivo favore non cessino ma crescano davanti a Dio e davanti agli uomini, che ti sia consolidato l’onore che quella gente cattiva ha cercato di toglierti, che quelli che hanno peccato gravemente abbiano a pentirsi e a fare un’adeguata penitenza.
    Ti abbraccio caro fratello che il Signore mi ha donato
    don Tommaso

14. Alberto Gromi says:

Carissimo Padre, tutti gli amici di Piacenza ti sono vicini con la preghiera, con l’affetto e con immutata stima. Continuano a lavorare e a sostenerti, sia pure con le loro forze limitate. Grazie per tutto quello che hai fatto e continuerai a fare.

15. sr. Giovanna says:

Dear Kizito:
    Jesus told us “They have persecuted me, and will persecure you too”.
    You are blessed Kizito!
    I am glad I have a chance to express my support in these stormy days. Jesus is with you in the boat. Don’t fear.
    My love and daily prayer are with you.
    Your Comboni Sister in Nairobi

sr. Giovanna

16. sr. Chiara Giovanna osc says:

Carissimo Kizito,
    qui in monastero continuiamo a pregare per te. Siamo felici che si stia facendo luce. Non sappiamo perché il Padre abbia permesso questa prova tremenda: è certo cha dopo il venerdì santo vi è la Pasqua di risurrezione e la tua opera uscirà dalla bufera rafforzata.
    Che Lui continui a sostenerti con la Sua forza. Continua a sentirci vicine!
    E un abbraccio agli acrobati che hai portato l’anno scorso al monastero: non possiamo dimenticarli. Chiara Giovanna e sorelle

17. laura valsecchi says:

Non si riesce a costruire un carattere onesto purtroppo per certe persone.
    Finirà presto tutto, vedrai, anche se resterà per te una profonda ferita di delusione. Ma il nostro Padre Kizito è un Uomo forte e noi preghiano tanto per Te e i bimbi, che non abbiano a soffrirne più di quanto già non sia accaduto.
    Conoscerti è stata la conferma che Dio esiste e che sa raggiungere la sofferenza ovunque.
    Ti abbracciamo con tanto affetto
    laura e roberto

18. Caro Padre Kizito
    il mio totale appoggio a questa triste vicenda. Inutile dire che la fiducia nei tuoi confronti e verso tutto quello che hai fatto in questi anni è immutata e se possibile è diventata ancora più grande.
    un abbraccio e se posso esserti d’aiuto sono a tua disposizione
    michele

19. franco says:

Non ho avuto ancora il piacere di conoscere P.Kizito ma ho letto acuni suoi libri dove traspare la grande volontà di aiutare gli altri.
    Purtroppo sperimento ogni giorno , come sia difficile dire la verità e aiutare il prossimo , non solo non rivevi un sorriso ma spesso vieni criticato pesantemente.
    La società occidentale pensa solo al dio soldo e prolifera l’avidità personale , due mali che si stanno diffondendo anche in Africa.
    Mi sforzo di essere felice in un mondo malato
    Auguri P. Kizito
    cordiali saluti
    Franco

20. camilla stipa says:

Caro Padre Kizito,
    sono stata a kivuli l’anno scorso e non mi ha nemmeno sfiorato l’idea che queste acuse potessero essere fondate. E così a nessuno di quelli che conosco in Amani.
    A te tutto il nostro sostegno per questa devastante esperienza ma che sicuramente rinsalderà i legami più meritevoli.
    Un grandissimo abbraccio con affetto
    Camilla

21. Angela Casadei says:

Caro kizito,
    purtroppo ho avuto il piacere di conoscerti solo per parole di altri e per il tuo blog and web site. Dovremmo partire dall italia per due settimane di parmanenza nella tua missione e spero tanto con tutto il cuore che tutta questa storia non interferisca con il nostro viaggio perche non voglio e sicuramente tutti quelli del mio gruppo non vogliono perdere l occasione di consocere qualcuno cosi buono di cuore che insegna sempre qualcosa di nuovo e di importante come la fratellanza ogni giorno. noi ti siamo vicini col cuore e ti mandiamo un abbraccio grande.
    Angela

22. Stefano Palombi says:

Caro Kizito,
    grazie a te e a Gianmarco ho passato, sulle montagne Nuba o a Nairobi, alcuni dei momenti più belli della mia vita.
    Ogni volta che ho superato i cancelli di Koinonia o Casa di Anita sono stato sopraffatto da una pace e un’allegria profonda e totale.
    Ho visto con i miei occhi quanto i bambini e le bambine ti volevano bene e quanto tu ne volevi a loro.
    Tornerà ad essere così.
    L’ho detto anche a Gianmarco, se pensate che in qualche modo il mio lavoro possa tornare utile, fammi un fischio e io sono lì.

Ti vogliamo bene,
    Stefano e i suoi figli.

23. Alida says:

La prima notizia appresa dalla televisione di Stato non mi ha assolutamente convinto. Ti ho conosciuto e sostenuto grazie a Simone Allegrini, e a Sassari a suo tempo ho ascoltato con attenzione e ammirazione quanto sei venuto a raccontarci. Questo tuo Dio così bizzarro e ingrato vuole mettere alla prova la tua fede. sinceramente non lo capisco. Caro Kizito ti voglio bene, il tuo impegno ha fatto e farà sentire ancora la voce di bambini che non contano niente. Alida Pibiri-Sassari

24. Thomas e Marta De Guio says:

Ciao Kizito,

portiamo ancora nei ns cuori le sensazioni, le emozioni che abbiamo vissuto a Nairobi durante la ns luna di miele. La gioia e la serenità di quesi bambini, che strideva con la povertà assoluta attorno al centro diurno, sia, con la ns preghiara, di aiuto per superare questo momento di dolore.

Siamo con Te
    Thomas e Marta

25. Kibigo Chege says:

I pray that the Truth will prevail. When i saw the story on T.V, i was shocked at first and wondered what to believe. However, as the story continued to be told, more and more doubts about the sincerelity of the story started ocupying my heart. My doubts were confirmed when i saw some of these Trustees on TV issuing a statement. These people lacked confidence, were not courageous enough to face the camera and one could see lies in the statement. For me i have many reasons to believe the accusations are false and i have many questions about the whole story and how the story was told also raises many questions.
    For the sake of the many poor children, I encourage you to fight the fight and our lord Jesus Christ will win the battle for you.

26. Fr. Horácio Rossas says:

Dear Kizito,
    I´ve read what you wrote about what has been happening to you for the last few months. I can imagine how you might feel! I pray for you, that the Lord may sustain you through these troubled times.
    I want to show my support and prayers. May God bless you,
    Horácio (Lilanda – Lusaka).

27. silvia says:

Carissimo Kizito, ho avuto la grande fortuna di trascorrere qualche settimana in una delle tue missioni dove ho vissuto i momenti più belli della mia vita. Ho potuto toccare con mano il lavoro svolto quotidianamente con i ragazzi e non ho mai dubitato, neanche per un secondo, della tua innocenza. Aspettavo con ansia un intervento sul blog perchè la preoccupazione, per te e per tutti i ragazzi, aumentava ogni giorno…
    tra pochi giorni tornerò lì, l’emozione e la felicità sono forti ma l’amarezza e la paura per il futuro dei ragazzi e di koinonia tolgono serenità ai miei giorni…
    Le tue parole mi commuovono ma allo stesso tempo infondono speranza, fatti forza perchè siamo tutti con te!!
    Siete nelle mie preghiere e nei miei pensieri ogni giorno
    un abbraccio
    Silvia

28. nicoletta dentico says:

Carissimo Kizito,
    nella lettura di San Paolo ai Corinzi della scorsa domenica, il Signore dice a Paolo “Ti basti la mia grazia: la forza si manifesta infatti pienamente nella debolezza”. Ti ho pensato, ed ho pregato per te, perché la grazia del Signore ti permetta di attraversare queste acque tempestose. Ti sentiamo forte, in questo momento di attacchi. Forte delle fedeltà e della pazienza che tanto piace a Dio.
    E ti rigrazio personalmente perché in oltre 20 anni che ti conosco la tua calma apertura al mondo, ed il coraggio della tua responsabilità, mi sono state fonte di insegnamento e di ispirazione. Quando sei debole, è allora che sei ancora più forte. Un abbraccio carico di immenso affetto ed amicizia.

29. Dennis Kisembe says:

Fr Kizito, firstly my sincere and deep support to you as a person. Such accusation can break your spirit and your reputation. When I read about all this my first reaction was utter shock and confusion. I knew from the beggining that this was not true. I wonder what this people are upto but their evil scheme and manipulation will never see the the light of the day. It is greed, jealous, corruption of the highest order, selfishness and blackmail. I am dissapointed by standard and KTN because they seem to be part of these silly and very primitive scheme of fighting somebody like you who has brought smiles to many young people who could be languishing in abject poverty, in jails or even dead. You have been a good samaritan to the people of Kenya. Fr Kizito, this could be difficult time for you but God is with you and you have our prayers and support. When this is over I want those people to be prosecuted for their evil desighn. (USA)

30. Mariangela De maria says:

Carissimo Padre,
    leggendo la tua recente storia mi sono profondamente commossa…
    Non ci conosciamo, ma il tuo nome rimbalza nei vari giornali missionari e della Chiesa evidenziando la tua grande persona di uomo di Dio, della chiesa e dell’ Umanità! GRAZIE A DIO PERCHE’ CI SEI. Ti siamo vicini in questo momento di dolore; grazie della tua semplice e chiara testimonianza; ti assicuro preghiere per te, i tuoi collaboratori, le tue opere e per tutte le persone di buona volontà che saranno le mani di DIO per far splendere il suo amore.
    In Gesù e Maria, Mariangela

31. Max says:

We have learned that, as we up-hold the rights of the children, moral up-right must as well, be observed in our community.

32. Bruno Cavalcante says:

Caro Padre Kizito, ti seguo da anni tramite Amani e voglio comunicarti la mia vicinanza in questo duro e sporco attacco alla tua persona fatto a chiaro fine di lucro. Sono certo della tua totale innocenza ed estraneità alle accuse che ti vengono rivolte. Ti chiedo di resistere ma anche di reagire. Ti ricordo nella preghiera . Sono fiduciosi che alla fine il bene vincerà. Un’abbraccio. Bruno C

33. caterina marrè says:

Non ho le parole per esprimere la valanga di pensieri che mi si affollano alla mente leggendo questa brutta storia. Dentro ognuno di noi c’è il bene e il male. Quando il male esce dai cuori e dalle menti di persone che ci sono vicine restiamo basiti e non riusciamo neanche a pensare ad una reazione. Dalle tue ultime frasi però leggo che dopo lo scombussolamento e lo sconcerto iniziale cominci a rialzare la testa. Coraggio, dunque! Hai la fiducia e il sostegno di molti, e anche il mio e della mia famiglia, anche se non ci conosciamo personalmente. Preghiamo perchè il Signore ti prenda per mano e ti guidi in una lotta per la vita, la tua e quella di tutti i bambini e giovani per cui vivi, condotta con tutte le armi nonviolente che il suo Spirito ti può suggerire. Grazie per quello che sei e per quello che fai.Caterina

34. Mary Kodero says:

Dear Father Kizito,
    I am now at Roskilde in Holland pusuing a Phd in International Development. I was in Jomo Kenyatta University of Arts and Technology during 1996. I joined Koinonia in the work camp then and saw your deep concern for the children who according to that time had a psychological home and not a physical home. Later I came for a short time to volunteer in Kivuli when the physical home was up. The children were very happy indeed to get a place they could call home at Kivuli. Some have become mature men now but have not had any other home but Kivuli. Whenever I come to Kenya I meet both young boys in the centre and those out of the centres, a mention of Kivuli makes their faces to glow. I never had much interraction with Mike Ochieng but I always had a deep respect for Koinonia and its deep Christian teachings. But I knew Charles well and he was always speaking to me about the love of Christ and how he took those children like his own. Indirectly, I have always found inspiration from you and I have a great picture of you on my wall. My little son seven years old now also knows you by looking at the picture. What Mike Ochieng has done has really saddened me and I do hope that our children do not copy this from him. I do hope that one time he will experience a conversion and embrace the love of Christ. But important, I do hope that this shame has not affected the children badly because I know it could be very devastating for them.

35. Piero Milan says:

Carissimo Renato non mi meraviglio affatto che ti sia capitata questa brutta storia; mi meraviglio invece che questa storia o altre del genere ti siano state risparmiate così a lungo. Però potevi dirmi qualcosa quando sei venuto qui a Pasqua.Dai, preoccupati soltanto quando comincerai per davvero a perdere barba a capelli.Quelli che ti vogliono incastrare non sanno ancora con chi hanno a che fare.Inutile dirti che ti ricordo e prego per te. Non puoi neanche immaginare la dose di energia cerebrale che mi ci è voluta per trovare il tuo blog e capire come potevo mandarti queste due righe. Ciao, Piero

36. Dear Father Kizito,
    Father,the power of God is working over you,They killed Jesus for the good that He was doing.Let those greedy people who can not see the lives that you have saved deeply from your heart.God is with you,Dont fear,Jesus was there upto the last minute.Show them the power of God, they are evil and do not want to see the Godly work you are doing they want to destroy.
    May God give you strength to fight these evil deeds.
    Jacob Arianda Mombasa Kenya.

37. Zakki says:

When i heard the story from the first day i knew it was false, fishy and malicious. We have been praying for you father and we are optimistic that these greedy, heartless people will be arrested and prosecuted in accordance with the law. The truth has no end, and we are convinced it will catch up with all those people including the KTN journalists who colluded to soil your name and that of the Catholic Church. We want to forgive them but they should be punished accordingly.

38. Juliet (Uganda) says:

Dear Fr. Kizito. Take heart. I am praying for you dearly for this to end. False information will always remain false however much someone produces proof. many in the world can never love truth and do everything to harm those who speak truth. Just know that the Gospel you have preached for many years in both words and actions has not been in vain, its the seed that will conmtinue to bear fruits in our hearts despite all these false accusations. God bless you and may the Holy spirit fill you with courage.

39. fabienne says:

Par hazard je suis tombee sur un article concernant l’accusation dont vous faites l’objet au Kenya. je suis allee aussitot sur le site d’amani pour d’autres sources et je viens de lire votre mail. je ne vous connais pas personnellement mais j’etais au Kenya en 96-97 et je lisais et diffusais aupres de mon entourage kenyan votre lettre hebdomadaire dans le Nation de l’epoque MOI. Je voulais que tous les kenyans vous connaissent pour avoir confiance , croire qu’ils pouvaient etre acteurs pour un monde meilleur, etre des hommes et des femmes debout. Vous m’avez fait du bien aussi et le fait de vous savoir en Afrique de l’Est (j’y ai de tres fortes attaches au Kenya et en Tanzanie) me rassure. Ce n’est pas grave ce qui vous arrive, ca va peut etre meme etre une occasion pour quelques citoyens kenyans de penser un peu plus par eux meme a l’avenir et de se faire leur propre opinion. Recevez mon soutien chaleureux, Fabienne
    Sorry I cannot write in Italian and it is quicker for me to write in French. I hope you can read French.

40. Lwande Omondi Charles says:

Am a baptised and confirmed roman catholic Kenyan. Am proud of your good works of charity. Please ignore our wreckless Kenyan journalists and continue with your good work. We do not have journalists in Kenya, we have heclers who will publish any story at a fee without verifying the credibility of the source. I am a reader of your writings. Even though Ii have never met you in person, reading your articles as well as watching you on press makes me feel proud of your good work. You are innocent, continue with your good work

Lwande Omondi Charles,
    University of Nairobi,
    Kenya

41. Fr. Jose' Flores says:

Carissimo P. Kizito, prego molto per te in questi momenti di sofferenza e angoscia per quella brutta storia inventata contro di te. Ma la verita’ alla fine trionfara’! Ne sono profondamente convinto. Anche Gesu’ e’ stato accusato di bestemmia, ma Lui predicava la Verita’. La Verita’ trionfa sempre! Il Signore benedica la tua opera in favore di tutti i bambini della strada che si affidano a te e ti ringraziano per tutto il bene che fai a loro. Grazie e coraggio sempre!

42. Wilfred says:

The Lion of Judah has been and will be with you throuhgout this negative experience. It is highly regrettable that two individuals you have raised from nothing to something have the courage to jettison an empire they never built. You will surely be delivered from the hands of evil. We pray that these persons come to their senses, we forgive them and pray also for their deliverance. We continue to love our enemies.

God bless your work.

43. Simona says:

Ciao Padre, anche senza leggere questa storia, quando sono stata informata dell’accaduto ero certa che si trattasse di una falsa…tutti coloro che sono stati a Nairobi e ti hanno visto lavorare con e per i bambini, sanno la splendida persona che sei!Non mollare ti voglio bene!

44. corrado corradini says:

carissimo kizito, ero certo che si trattava di un complotto a tuo danno, ma ero comunque molto preoccupato. non sempre la giustizia degli uomini è giusta. leggendo la tua ricostruzione della storia e il suo esito, mi sono tolto un peso dal cuore. forza padre kizito! un forte abbraccio, anche da parte dei miei figli, che si ricordano di te e hanno pregato per te.

45. Michele Mau Mau says:

Ciao Kizito,

sarebbe bello organizzare dei momenti di preghiera comune insieme a tutti quelli che dall’Italia hanno riscoperto la presenza di Gesù nero nella tua Opera Missionaria guidata cercatemnte dallo Spirito Santo. Se qualcuno vuole ci potremmo trovare qualche sera in una Chiesa vicino ad Amani.

Michele

46. robert mugendi says:

Greetings Father Kizito. I worked for koinonia community, starting with volunteering at Kivuli centre, head social worker at Kivuli ndogo and Ndugu Mdogo rescue program. I know and greatly admire Padre Kizito, for he is a man who has came from his comforts to work for the less previledged. He believes that a better world is possible. How unexpected that those that he helped first have now cast their eyes on the wealth, that Fr. Kizito has built for the sake of the needy. I am a fourh year Psychoogy student at the University of Nairobi, through the sponsorship of Koinonia community, after Father Kizito was pleased with my achievements in Ndugu Mdogo rescue program.
    During all this time, i have never heard any claims from the staff nor the children about any indecent acts, either by Father, nor the visitors or the staff. This is very peculier. it’s a LIE!!!. and, someone must pay for it. God gives his people power to fight. And i pray for Kizito, and others of good will like him. U shall overcome…Sir

47. Julius Murangiri says:

“The Lord be with You Father Kizito”

I visited Kivuli Center along with other participants of the” Pax Romana Assembly” held at Catholic University in July 2008.

It is quite sorrowful that anyone should imagine closing down Koinonia community,the only earthly home for many destitute children. God who gave you grace to achieve all this will fight for you.

We pray for these trustees who have now become “Auctioneers” that the Almighty God forgive and bring them back to His flock.

Peace Be With You.

48. Fabrizio Cinquini says:

Caro Kizito,
    leggo purtroppo solo ora il comunicato. Pregare e sostenerti è il minimo che si possa fare; che il signore protegga te, i bambini e tutta la comunità e che vi assicuri sempre la “lucidità” e la saggezza per prendere le decisioni giuste. Animo, forza e coraggio siano sempre con voi. Un abbraccio grande quanto la distanza fisica che ci separe ed intenso quanto l’amore fraterno che ci unisce.
    Fabrizio, Laura, Jonas e Ernest